Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Week 5: Group 3 Presentation Tools

Reflection on Glogster.

I had a look at some of the glog posters that have been created. I don’t feel that they are effective visual literacy tools as in most of them I had no idea what was being communicated. There was music, links to other websites, images. I found one that was set up like a book shelf, click on the book and it would send you to a link about the author. There was still a lot of reading involved. It’s a cool tool to introduce concepts or ideas, but I think it is mainly a resource to store and gather learning materials or research in.

I like that it is creative, colourful and individual.

It may be cool to have a link to a Glog off the main art web page where I could store links to material relevant to a unit of work that the students can access as ‘required reading’. I don’t mind this example by pbarto.

I had a go at my own here.
A screen shot of my Glog Poster

It was not as easy as it looks on the tutorial, though with a bit of time I got there in the end. I managed to embed it into my weebly page as a mock Year 11 assignment (pretty chuffed with myself), you can check it our here.

Reflection on dipity

an online timeline that allows you to link video, audio, images & text. This tool could be used in assessment as an art history timeline, or as a learning resource of art movements with links to information that I could access in the classroom.

 

Using Prezi.

I have used this presentation tool before, see below, and I still remember how impressed everyone was with the look of it. I teamed it up with a script when I presented it, outlining the similarities between Leonardo DaVinci and Banksy. I will definitely use this again.

A Man of the Time Prezi presentation



No comments:

Post a Comment